Low latency audio link based on A2DP Bluetooth module?

Hi, I'm trying to build a cheap digital audio link providing reasonable sound quality and working directly with the ALSA/jack-audio system in a Linux embedded system. I've stated that there are available relatively cheap Bluetooth modules supporting the A2DP. One example may be Rayson's BTM730:

Unfortunately, all I could find was the info, that it offers 16-bit CODEC. There is nothing about the sampling frequency and transmission latency. In my application it is essential, that the latency from the audio input in the remote module to the jackd daemon in the embedded system is not higher than

10ms. Is the BTM730 suitable for that purpose? Is the whole A2DP system suitable for that?

-- TIA, WZab

Reply to
wzab

than 10ms.

that?

Why are you asking here and not the Raysons' support?

Bye Jack

Reply to
Jack

ble for that?

Well, the question about BTM730 is probably better suited for Rayson's support, but question about all A2DP class modules is more general. Anyway I think that the response from people who have really used things like these may be more trustworthy... (Too many times I have received "too optimistic" answers from support teams, and then I had too learn that something simply doesn't work because it was only "supposed to work" but no one has tested it ;-) )

Reply to
wzab

Well, i have found more info about A2DP

(it uses lossy compression to transmit audio, which makes it useless for may application) and some remarks about BTM730 itself - it is based on BC05-MM firmware, which requires expensive proprietary tools (xIDE). So I don't think it is suitable for open source/open hardware project I'm trying to design :-(. I think, that I'll rather switch to Nordic nRF24Z1 with additional codec.

Reply to
wzab