Bluetooth module?

I'm looking for advice on embedded bluetooth. I know there are complete RS-232/Bluetooth modules for use on PCs, but space constaints in my app requires a smaller form factor. Ideally, I would like to interface it to a PIC using the async pins directly (not RS-232). Any suggestions?

-Robert Scott Ypsilanti, Michigan (Reply through this forum, not by direct e-mail to me, as automatic reply address is fake.)

Reply to
Robert Scott

Look at

(TDK) and look for the blu2i module. This is a 'smallish' board of 65 x 24 mm.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

This module is tiny - not cheap though.

  Max
Reply to
Max

or look around for MSI Bluetooth addon card (MS 6968), it often comes bundled with MSI motherboard. The main board is also 65 x 24 mm (when you cut off useless trackless arrounding board). The main pain is with interconnect - it comes only with USB, CSR chip is BGA and RS232 lines are not on the board afaik (I tried to trace them with no luck, apparently those pins are not soldered and I dont feel like desoldering BGA). It may sound like not what anyone would like, but this baby is bundled with motherboards for FREE, or can be purchased for symbolic 2-5$.

Pozdrawiam.

--
RusH   //
 http://pulse.pdi.net/~rush/qv30/