low-cost sbc with wireless

Hi,

I'm searching for a low-cost sbc that give me the possibility to connect to a server throught a wireless connection. For now, I've only found boards witch allows ethernet connection, but nothing about wireless. Are there some products that match my needs?

Thanks everybody for help.

Best Regards

Reply to
daniel

There are wireless adapters through ethernet, usb and CF. In my opinion, CF would be the fastest and most cost effective option. Just look for a controller with CF I/O, and not hardwired for memory.

Are you planning on buying or building (DIY)? For DIY, I got a project for you. Namely, fixing an AT91RM9200 Arm board's CF (need additional address pins). If you fix it, you can get the board free.

Reply to
linnix

Thanks for your help, Yes, I'm thinking about a DIY, but I'm a newbie on embedded systems, so my objective is to learn and put in practice as much as possible about this argument. I was planning to buy a board, put on it a linux system and than to learn how to deal with a wireless connection.

For these reasons I don't think I've the skill for helping you with the project you suggest.

Regards,

Reply to
daniel

I suggest checking out the Zipit. It's an ARM7 with a fair amount of Linux support, with WiFi. There's a wiki for setting up a build environment and reflashing, and a great group. They're $99 on Amazon.

Reply to
bbulkow

Could you please tell where you can find this group and details ? TIA

Reply to
Helix

Donald