looking for single-board computer with SPI slave port

I am looking for a reputable single-board computer or development board kit that has these features. any suggestions?

  • can act as a SPI (synchronous serial port) slave with clock frequency anywhere in the 5-12MHz range & has some kind of FIFO (so I don't have to handle an interrupt for each incoming byte/word). This is the most important requirement & I'm having a hard time finding docs on single-board computers that meet it.

  • has >= 16MB RAM onboard

  • has SD card slot (compact flash acceptible but less preferable) & cards are hot-pluggable

  • has either an ethernet jack and/or USB device (fullspeed or highspeed) jack. USB probably preferable; I want to plug this thing into a PC to exchange data.

  • has some kind of external address/data bus that I can hook up a few things on a small daughterboard

  • is likely to be around for at least 5 years

  • has a decent software development environment that's not outrageously expensive. Would prefer no OS or a simple RTOS, not WinCE.

  • real-time-clock is a very-nice-to-have but I can probably live without it.

  • RS232 UART is a very-nice-to-have but I can probably live without it.

I've been looking at some PXA270 single-board computers, they seem like they might a good fit, but can't find the documentation on whether it can handle my SPI slave requirement. TI 5509A DSP evaluation board also looks ok, and I'm familiar with Code Composer as the IDE, but my only reservation is that it forces me to use USB (no ethernet, no UART unless I put one on a daughterboard & connect it to CPU via parallel interface).

Reply to
Jason S

Almost certainly will not meet your 5 year availability requirement.

Considered rolling something semi-custom out of an FPGA?

Reply to
larwe

?

"Jason S" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Robert Lacoste

Sorry : I mean

?

"Robert Lacoste" a écrit dans le message de news: 44b5e5a8$0$818$ snipped-for-privacy@news.orange.fr...

Reply to
Robert Lacoste

huh, funny you should menti> Considered rolling something semi-custom out of an FPGA?

urk. I have essentially no resources; I need something I can buy and spend my effort solely on software development. if I am lucky enough to get help spinning a hardware board it would be for a small daughterboard with a parallel DAC on it.

Reply to
Jason S

  • requirements snipped *

The requirements you list don't seem to require a whole SBC. I can think of a few microcontrollers that would do this with a little work. Are you looking for something off the shelf simply because it's a one-off project or a prototype of some kind?

What does it need to do besides move bytes between the SPI port and the memory? Would you be interested in having something custom made? What quantities and schedule do you have?

-Regards,

Travis

Reply to
Travis Hayes

Has anyone out there used the Toradex Colibri module?

Reply to
Jason S