Looking for RMS AC current sense

Hey folks,

I want to sense AC line current and supply the RMS value to a micro A/D input; 0-50A AC input current corresponding to 0-5V output. This has to have been done a gazillion times; does anyone have a link to an appnote handy or something? I'd ideally like to find a low-cost clamp on CT or hall effect device too; I don't want a series resistor.

Any input appreciated!

Reply to
John Harlow

Most of the electrical/electronic wholesalers/retailers will have what you want (probably in stock too). Farnell/RS/Maplin/CPC etc.

Paul E. Bennett ....................
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy .....
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972
Tel: +44 (0)1235-811095