J1708...a few questions

I'm choosing hardware for fleet tracking purposes, so here are the questions....

Is SAE 1708/1587 used in European trucks also?

If not, which standard is it?

If it is, connector is Deutsch 6 or 9 pins, right?

Thank you!

Reply to
Aleksandar Kovacevic
Loading thread data ...

No, I know only Volvo which uses J1708 CAN (SAE J1939), ISO 9141 (K-Line) or CAN (ISO/TP 14229) is used in Europe for Trucks. The connector is different between the trucks. My company

formatting link
have hardware which supports all the necessary busses(ISO9141, J1708 and CAN). There is an ActiveX component to access to the hardware. If you are interested please connect directly samtec, don't replay to my yahoo.de email address.

Best Regards Ewald

Reply to

ElectronDepot website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.