Looking for an expert opinion

I've been wanting to create a low-cost router powered by freebsd, i can't seem to decide on what embedded hardware to use. Does anyone have any suggestions? i am on a very tight budget. I've been searching around but cant find anything under $150 that runs optimal on freebsd

Thanks for your advice,

James Yin

Yin Computer Corp

Reply to
James Yin

Does it run freebsd?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Yow! I want my nose
                                  at               in lights!

Hi, James,

Are you married to FreeBSD? You might consider NetBSD, instead. Very similar stack, etc. but supported on far more targets.

HTH,

--don

Reply to
Don

Don,

No I am not married to FreeBSD but i do prefer it :) NetBSD would be fine also so would linux cost is the most important factor, if it can run either one of the 3 it would be perfect we are looking for a board that will cost around $20 something similar to what LinkSys uses for their residential routers

Reply to
James Yin

Reply to
James Yin