Look In Your Parts Bins

Search through your junk boxes! I have a need for around 50 or so

64Mbyte SD Memory cards. They're useless for most practical purposes but I need them for a personal project.

So . . .

If you have any laying around, tested and functional, contact me by e-mail or right here on comp.arch.embedded and let me know how much you want for them including postage to Australia.

I'm going to be searching for a commercial source as well and if I find one before I get any responses here, I may not need them so make this a low priority.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

The closest I can come is 32MB miniSD cards. I probably have close to

50 of them.
Reply to
larwe

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:00:29 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and larwe instead replied:

How much do you want for them? They'll do as the issue is addressing more than size. I need 32Mb as a minimum but wanted the extra space if I could get it. Also, I'd need to source a miniSD socket.

Such is life. It'll get me started. Contact me by e-mail, please.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Check Digi-Key for sockets -- I think they have some.

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Tim Wescott

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:44:49 -0600, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Tim Wescott instead replied:

I'll probably look locally first. Mouser and Digikey both ship to Australia but only using the highest possible shipping rates. Never figured that out. If they want overseas business, perhaps they should use the USPS instead of DHL or UPS. When I have used them, they both insist that tracking of parcels is the issue. I ordered $28.00 worth of items and paid $56.00 shipping.

Jaycar and Altronics here in Perth will have them. It's just that I've already begun board layout using the full sized socket. For practical purposes, I may get an adapter like the one I saw on eBay not long ago. Or, allow the board to accept both sockets.

All that being said, I've gotten a reply from a Japanese company who has thousands of the 64Mb guys in almost dead-stock which they'd love to liquidate. Awaiting their price/terms now. It's already tomorrow here so I may get the answer before I asked it.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Whoops -- I missed the fact that you're in Oz.

Yes, until they come up with Digikey South, you should go local...

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott