login bridged-mode network device

Hi,

How can I login to the bridge device thru another computer if not from a null-cable thru com-ports? The bridge device has multi-ethernet-ports, one of them is configured as bridging mode, the others are not configured. Can I configure other ethernet ports as normal IP-based ports? so leave only one port in bridging mode?

Thanks Sam

Reply to
bsder

A bridge is an interconnection of two or more link-level (here: Ethernet) ports. Another possible configuration is an Ethernet port and ADSL.

It is often possible to assign an IP address to the bridge, so the device hosting the bridge is also accessible via an IP address.

The login depends on if there is a suitable server in the bridge box, e.g. Telnet or Web.

My ADSL box and WLAN router are both running in bridged mode, but both have IP addresses and the networked control interface is available (in these boxes: Web).

HTH

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi