Lantronix Xport Embedded Device Server

Hi,

I've just recieved one of these devices

from Lantronix. Its basically a little 186 processor plus serial port running a tcp/ip stack, webserver, etc all housed in a RJ45 connector. It was quite easy to read data in from the serial port and send it out the ethernet port and vice verca. As far as I can tell you can't actually modify the code on the device, you just configure it through the web server.

My problem is that I can't seem to set the device up as a client and server at the same time. This is because it only seems to allow you to use one local tcp/ip port. So you can either use it for an incoming or outgoing connection. All other tcp/ip stacks that Ive seem, you can set the local port to 0 and the stack allocates a port (client).

Has anybody else used this device? Is it correct that you can have 2 sockets open at the same time? If they would allow you to modify the code and have access to the tcp/ip stack API it would be great...

Reply to
AVRFreak

etc

server

sockets

TheDoc

Hi Doc Are you saying that they allow you to re-compile their code with your own application on top?

basically

the

AVRFreak

webserver,

as

one

outgoing

local

tcp/ip

You can indeed modify the XPort code. Apparently you use C Builder environment to edit and compile the code. However the development kit is not on their website and I've given up waiting for the rep. to give me a copy. And there are products from other companies that will allow more than one connection.

Peter

Reply to
moocowmoo