Linux driver for ISP1504

Hi everybody,

I am working for a company that develops an embedded storage device based on 2GB Compact Flash. CPU type is PQ2-Pro ( MPC8349 ). The flash is connected via USB interface using PHY Philips ISP1504. The operating system is Linux 2.6.13. The Linux image is built using LTIB (Linux Target Image Builder). The problem is the following: Linux kernel does not recognize the USB CF card connected via ISP1504. At the same time, NetBSD running on the same system recognizes the CF card successfully. Probably, the driver for ISP1504 is not included in the LTIB package, as well as it seems to be unavailable over the web.

Does anyone have any idea how to enable Linux support for the ISP1504 PHY on the MPC8349 platform ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
kopetiko75

The Linux board support package (also LTIB based) for the Freescale iMX31 processor does include a driver for the ISP1504, and is freely available from their website. Whilst the processor is somewhat different, it should give you a starting point for talking to the ISP1504 with you PowerPC chip.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Walton

I have the i.MX31 LTIB, but although drivers/usb/otg/Makefile contains line to build isp1504_arc.o, it does not contain the isp1504_arc.c drive file.

Mark

Reply to
mcraske_uk