eeprom problems

Hi, is there any documents instruct how to read data from eeprom, like

93c46? I have 93c46's datasheet and source code from linux rtl8139 driver, but I still can not understand the detail.
Reply to
leilei

If it's a serial (I2C or SPI) EEPROM then in general you may have to go through serial hardware. I would expect that in a PC you'd have to go through serial hardware that's designed to make life easy when you have to work with a bazzilion different devices, which means the driver is going to be byzantine.

So find out how your hardware is put together, and maybe even look for a "circuit cellar" type of article on the web (or on paper) where someone's done this with much simpler hardware.

--
Tim Wescott
 Click to see the full signature

93c46 is "three-wire serial", meaning SPI. There is an SPI controller embedded in the rtl8139 chip, and the rtl8139 driver is going to be specific to that particular SPI controller.

-hpa

Reply to
H. Peter Anvin