Low Power PLD in very small packaging

A few months ago I looked for simple PLDs like the 22V10 in a small footprint. I found nothing at that time. Everyone was still making DIPs, PLCCs and a few SOPs. But no one was using smaller pitch devices. Now logic makers are using QFN packages that are not much larger than a SOT-23!

Anyone know of a PLD that comes in QFN, TSSOP or other small packages?

Reply to
Ralph Malph

Atmel do TSSOP for 16V8 and ATF22V10CQZ, and I have suggested they do QFN, but not so far. ICT also offer PEEL18CV8 in TSSOP. Larger 32MC CPLD's are mostly TQFP, or some BGA - some do TQFP48 which is getting good density. The Lattice ispGAL22V10A comes in QFN32, but is very low power only in the 1.8V model - seems their on-chip regulator is either poorly optimised, or ballasted on the 2.5V and 3.3V models.

-jg

Reply to
jim granville

Well, how much logic does your design require? How many pins?

Xilinx has CoolRunner CPLDs in really small chip-scale packages.

Reply to
Andy Peters

Thanks for the info. I have looked at all of these and there are some good choices. The Lattice part is not Zero power, but 7 mA standby is not bad. The QFN makes a difference is space. The TSSOPs may be small, but the QFN is half the size.

Reply to
Ralph Malph

TQFP small enough for you?

Sprow.

Reply to
Sprow

Thanks for the info. But no, the TQFP is still a bit larger than I would like. I am looking for something along the lines of a QFN. Another poster showed me that Lattice has a 22V10 in a QFN, but it is not zero power although it is not the typical high power either. We'll see if I can fit this one into the design.

Reply to
Ralph Malph

Their 1.8V model specs 150uA, whilst 2.5/3.3V ones are ~7mA, hence my comment above.

True. QFN is an obvious package for SPLD/CPLD (better than BGA), but the vendors move slowly...

-jg

Reply to
jim granville