GNU compiler for PowerPC

Could somebody provide me with info where to get GNU compiler for Cygwin for PowerPC target? What's usual practice? Do I need to download source and compile it myself? Or is such compiler standard part of binary free distribution? Thanks.

Reply to
martinfnp

is one full distribution. But as a rule I build it myself.

Reply to
larwe

I highly recommend the Microcross Visual X-Tools. It is a complete GNU/GCC implementation with IDE and GDB implementation. Not free, but it could be a lot easier than putting together your own.

Scott

DISCLAIMER: In all fairness I must say that we are a Microcross partner.

Reply to
Not Really Me

If you have a non-Intel Mac with OSX, it's available with the operating system.

For Cygwin I compiled my own tools (though Linux is a better platform for the GNU tools).

--
Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi