Glueless memory

I have read that Motorola colfire series of processors provides a glueless memory interface. What exactly does this term mean. I tried google search but i could not get a satisfying answer. Please help Thank you

NITIN S

Reply to
Nitin Skandan

It means that you can interface the memory directly, without the requirement for interface logic ('glue logic').

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

Hi,

This feature is also available on the PowerPC processor (ie: MPC 860).

This ship has two integrated UPM (user programmable machine) to handle the signals (and timing) required by the memory (FPM/EDO/SDRAM). 8 Chip-Select lines are also automaticaly generated by the processor (16 registers are used to set the start address and the page size).

When the processor is power-up, CS0 is activated (CS0 is usually ROM).

No external chipset = no glue !

Regards Emmanuel.

Nit> I have read that Motorola colfire series of processors provides a

Reply to
Emmanuel Herbreteau