Generate DTMF

I used a 8052 MCU (24MHz crystal) and a 8 bits R-2R DAC to generate DTMF tones.The sampling frequency is 5kHz. The output is then input to a 2nd order LP filter. The telephone line seems to not recognize my tone. Is the order of filter enough or not?

Thanks!

Reply to
cell

imaginabale cause

frequency error frequency compages error signal level oversize or lesssize of your output The sampling frequency up to 10kHz

"cell" ??????: snipped-for-privacy@w1g2000prd.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
herald

I'm going to paint my house a greeny-blue color. How much paint do I need to buy?

Or in other words, tell us enough to answer your question, and maybe someone will be able to help.

I would expect that nice sine waves fed to an 8-bit DAC with a sufficient sampling rate is more than good enough. Have you looked at your telephone line on an oscilloscope and compared your DTMF tones to what comes out of a regular telephone?

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Tim Wescott

Apparently there is a bug in your generator. There is absolutely no necessity to generate nice and clean DTMF waves other then for the regulatory compliance.

Vladimir Vassilevsky