GCC for H8S2350

Hello,

I want to compile (for my first time) c code for the Renesas Controller H8S2350 (H8300H). Can you tell me how I create a linker control file (where the memory mapping is located) and which parameter I need?

Thank you for your answer.

bye

martin sauer

Computer Dienstleistungen und Service
Fa. Saver Soft - Sauer
Dipl. Ing. (FH) Martin Sauer
Lohengrinstr. 29
82110 Germering
Tel.: +49 - 171 - 206 44 28
Fax:  +49 - 89 - 14 88 20 92 22
E-Mail:   msauer@gmx.net
Homepage: http://www.saversoft-sauer.de
Reply to
Martin Sauer

If you use KPIT toolchain

there are examples for H8S/2148F and H8S/2623F. Because they are also in the H8S family, so porting those examples to your MCU should be trivial. In the simpliest case you will probably have to change only memory description in linker script according to your MCU specification.

Take an example linker script. Somewhere on the top you will see something like: [.....] MEMORY { ram (rw) : ORIGIN = 0x040000, LENGTH = 256k

Reply to
Jan Dubiec

Or download the eCos package. It has a built in memory config tool. You can use that linker script for the Kpit gnu.

Gerard Zagema

Gerard Zagema