GCC for H8S2350

Hello,

I want to compile (for my first time) c code for the Renesas Controller
H8S2350 (H8300H). Can you tell me how I create a linker control file
(where the memory mapping is located) and which parameter I need?

Thank you for your answer.

bye

martin sauer

Computer Dienstleistungen und Service
Fa. Saver Soft - Sauer
Re: GCC for H8S2350
If you use KPIT toolchain (http://www.gnuh8.com ), there are examples for
H8S/2148F and H8S/2623F. Because they are also in the H8S family, so
porting those examples to your MCU should be trivial. In the simpliest
case you will probably have to change only memory description in linker
script according to your MCU specification.

Take an example linker script. Somewhere on the top you will see
something like:
[.....]
MEMORY
{
  ram (rw) : ORIGIN = 0x040000, LENGTH = 256k      <- chnge this
  rom (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x000000, LENGTH = 256k      <- chnge this
}
[.....]

Sometimes shortcut "o" or "org" is used instead of "ORIGIN" and "l" or
"len" instead of "LENGTH" - more information you can find in the linker
documentation.

Regards,
/J.D.
--
Jan Dubiec, snipped-for-privacy@slackware.pl, mobile: +48 602 101787

Głęboka wiara wymaga płytkiego rozumu i nikłej wiedzy.

Re: GCC for H8S2350
Or download the eCos package. It has a built in memory config tool. You can
use that linker script for the Kpit gnu.

Gerard Zagema
www.stacktools.com

Site Timeline