Fried my atmega

I think i have fried my chip with wrong fuse bits.I exactly reversed th bits in codevision..But now i know..The next chip is nicel programming..What can i do to erase the earlier chip?I cant even access i now.

Reply to
abicash

"abicash" skrev i meddelandet news:65mdncASmMW2z4LanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Parallel programming on an STK500.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

If you don't have a STK500 or similar as Ulf suggests, have you worked out what clock source that you did actually set it to ?

Simon.

Microsoft: Bringing you 1980's technology to a 21st century world
Reply to
Simon Clubley

Some Atmegas at least, if you wrong-foot the fuse bits, get set into a mode requiring an RC oscillator, with external RC connected to the XTAL1/2 pins. I've taken to putting N/F component sites on these pins on every Atmega board I do, just in case.

Reply to
David R Brooks

Having recently switched from the HC08 to the AVR for my hobbyist projects, this is something that I am _very_ aware of (and check multiple times) while setting fuse bits. :-)

I was thinking that the OP could recover his AVR if he could work out what clock source the AVR was now expecting.