Flash TSOPs which pinout to use

I need to update an old design that uses 32Mbit Flash chips in 48-pin TSOP (2Mx16). I expect 64Mbit to be enough for the life of the product (5-10 years), but, well, things happen...

I see that 64Mbit chips come in 48- and 56-pin TSOP (BGA is considered a big no-no for now) and that the 56-pin format goes well beyond 64Mbit. Current design calls for M29DW323DB70N6 from ST (Numonyx), which is a 70ns 3V3 NOR Flash.

Any advice greatfully received as to which format, or product, to choose.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Dickerson

If you have enough space on the board, why not put 2 footprints ?

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus