[Announce] ColdFire MCF5213 Evaluation Kit

This low cost ColdFire evaluation board with GCC development software is all in a package costing less than 100 UK Pounds ( 140 Euro ).

It makes an ideal evaluation kit for getting started on ColdFire MCF5213 projects or just as a high power programmable unit for small volume applications.

The MCF5213 device is a 32-bit ColdFire processor which incorporates 256KB of Flash, 32KBytes of RAM, Digital I/O, ADC, QSPI, PWMs, timers, a PLL, I2C and more. The 32 bit processor runs at a system clock speed of up to 80MHZ which gives 76MIPS of performance.

Included is the 64K Starter Edition of our software development package which provides the capability to compile, debug, and flash program up to

64KB of user C code. This software suite includes the In Circuit Debugger, Flash Programmer, and integrated environment with built in GCC Compiler. A Quickstart Manual and sample template project will give you a jump start on your own interrupt driven firmware design.

Powerful features of the DEV5213CF development board include: Contains an embedded USB to BDM interface for easy debug and flash programming Large through-hole development area including SOIC and TSSOP pads RS232 transceivers for the processors serial ports UART0 and 1 Built in circuitry to provide a clock to the target from an 8Mhz crystal or a user provided oscillator. LEDs connected to GPT0/1/2/3 port pins. These may be disabled via on-board jumpers. RESET, IRQ1 and IRQ2 buttons Headers providing access to all the processor's pins - individually Labelled for easy access.

Schematics of the DEV5213 development board are supplied

The software included in the kit is a starter version of our full ColdFire Package Pro so when more code space is needed upgrading will be trivial. The starter kit WinIDE limits source to 5000 lines, symbols to 2500, the load size (64K) into the debugger, the programming size (64K) in the flash programmer, and the code size (64K) of the output file generated by the compiler. No limitation is made to the GCC compiler included in the starter kit which can be run without limitation from outside of the development environment.

For more details reply to snipped-for-privacy@computer-solutions.co.uk or Visit our web site

Keep the site book marked as in the "Information Zone" we have published a number of free services to Embedded Engineers -

1) Micro-Search - our searchable database of over 1000 chip specs from 55 different 8051 manufacturers 2) Support Tools Directory - shows the development tools available for over 100 microprocessor families 3) The Embedded Web - 330 + links to useful sites from Chip Manufacturers to software algorithms

---------------------------------------------------------------------- Chris Stephens E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@computer-solutions.co.uk Computer Solutions Ltd. Phone: +44 (0)1 932 829 460

1a New Haw Road, Fax: +44 (0)1 932 840 603 Addlestone, Surrey
KT15 2BZ England

For the largest range of embedded microprocessor development tools

Reply to
Chris Stephens