Eurocard question...

On a typical 3U eurocard style module, does the front panel sit flush against the PCB or out a bit??? I'm trying to work out where to put the front panel mounting holes.

i.e.

| | ->| || || |

Reply to
Ross Marchant

Ross Marchant schrieb:

It is out a bit.

Look at

for an example. The holder VS1 conforms to the standards.

You need two holes at 99 mm distance, 3.8 mm from the edge of the board (6.1 mm - 2.3 mm).

Take care that even though the holes in the front panel are at 88.9 mm distance, the distance of the holes in the board is 99 mm.

Look at the catalogs of companies providing 19" racks and components. The website of Fischer contains much detailed information, and I assume other makers also provide comparable data.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh
http://www.autometer.de - Elektronik nach Maß.