Equivalent magjacks

Hi,

I am trying to source an equivalent part to the RJLD-043 magjack, and I think I've found one in the SI-50163, but the 'dots' on the transformers are at different points. My question is: does that matter for a magjack ?

Here's the internal diagram for the RJLD-043:

And here's the one for the SI-50163:

Anyone want to help me out ?

Cheers Simon

Reply to
Simon

Yes, they are the same.

Reply to
hamilton

et/rjld-043.png

63.png

Thanks :)

For my future reference, as long as you link up the right tx/rx pins to the embedded Ethernet controller, is it generally ok to use any magjack that says it works at the data-rate you're using ?

I see the internal circuits an they're all different! Some have the transformers vertical then horizontal, (thus different wiring to the horizontal then vertical arrangement, I'm aware the schematic orientation is arbitrary ;) does this generally matter ?

Thanks :)

Simon

Reply to
Simon