Bipolar stepper driving ?

I have some steppers (bipolar 4-wires) from printers I would like to test.

This is the motor I'm trying to test.

Full motor datasheet

I bought some Toshiba LDMOS bipolar drivers TB6598FN. Typical application. This is my schematic exactly the same.

Simplified block diagram of driver.

Truth table

Full Datasheet TB6598FN

The motors are getting a regulated 12Vdc and the driver gets 5Vdc.

My questions.

From the datasheet for best performance my control signals should be about 400Hz? 50% or less duty?

How should my control signals be for forward stepping?

The truth table just shows EN1&2 high,IN1&2 LOW. If I pulse IN1&2 they will go from forward to reverse and back again.

What should the sequence be to the four control pins for simple forward stepping?

I'll be using a PIC probably just 12f508 for my control signals.

Reply to
Hammy

Use a H-bridge to allow either polarity across each winding. Call winding 1 "vertical" A to B; winding 2 "horizontal" C to D. Try A-B, A-B & C-D, C-D, C-D & B-A, B-A, etc; opposite direction for opposite motion.

Reply to
Robert Baer

The TB6598FN is a dual H-BRIDGE IC.

The problem is they show one "EN" and one "IN" line going to each bridge or actually they show it going to a box labelled bridge.

I know I have to pulse each arm in sequence but what is what from the diagram?

They don't say which line controls which N-channel and P-Channel combo. The truth table is even more confusing they say if EN1&2 are high and IN1&2 are low the motor will move in the forward direction. I dont want to pulse one bridge for forward movement and then pulse the other one for reverse.

I'm trying to figure out the sequence I would have to pulse the four control lines for forward rotation.

Hammy

it isn't best datasheet I've seen, but it is clear what the pins does.

EN1/2 pins enable or disable the h-bridge, when low all transistors are off.

IN1/2 pins control the h-bridge when the EN1/2 is high.

just so set EN1 and EN2 high and toggle IN1 and IN2

IN1: 110011001100 IN2: 011001100110

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt