ENC28J60 layout

Hello,

I'm a new bee to PCB design and trying to layout ENC28J60. I didn't fin any layout rules for the device in microchip website. Can anyone shar what rules need to be followed for routing? If you have image of desig which has been already routed, it will be helpful.

Regards, Sriram

Reply to
karun_sriram

Place this device close to your power supply.

At 250 mA typical its a power hog, use 50 mil traces and a heat sink pad under the chip.

10/10 mil trace/space on all other traces is fine.

good luck

donald

Reply to
Donald

Which one?

- SOIC

- SPDIP

- SSOP

- QFN (6x6 mm)

Reply to
linnix

You never answer the question. Anyway, here is a layout for the QFN.

linnix

Sorry for not replying on time. I wasn't able to login for a while. Thank for posting the layout. I'm using SSOP package. I have some genera questions regarding layout.

1) I'm using RJ45 with integrated magnetics. Should I connect the chassi ground to the signal ground using a 0 Ohm resistor. Other Etherne controller designs recommend ferrite. How do I choose the ferrite for RJ4 chassis ground to signal ground? 2) Some data sheet recommend no digital signals being routed near RJ45 an the differential signals from the Ethernet chip. Can I route the digita signals under RJ45 and differential signals on bottom layer separated b ground plane? What is the preferred nominal separation between digita signals and differential signals from ENC28J60?

Can some one review my layout? It will be a huge help for me.

Thanks for all the support. Regards, Sriram.K

find

share

design

Reply to
karun_sriram

Please do not top-post. Your answer belongs after (or intermixed with) the quoted material to which you reply, after snipping all irrelevant material. See the following links:

--

    (taming google)
    (newusers)

It's better to use ferrite.

It's better to have all on the same layer.

Reply to
linnix