dsPIC33CH Vs dsPIC33F divide.

The new dsPIC33CH parts have a 6 cycle divide whereas the older dsPIC33F takes 18 cycles. The number of cycles is not data dependent.

So I guess more Silicon for fewer cycles, but used how?

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

I don't have any details on the dsPIC hardware, but consider the various fast division pproaches described in

For the Newton-Raphson method, a better initial guess will reduce the number of steps

--
Best wishes,
--Phil