Disadvantages of MSP430 relative to AVR and PIC?

NDA. Email me ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) to sign one.

I have to be careful this time. I lost the last project because all the information I fed to the customer ended up with the competitor. Of course, I have no idea what the competitor is using, but something like M2 for sure.

I feel like the new Marco Polo, discovering the new electronic wonderland. I found at least three sources of M2 like chip. The first source requires external LDO and OPAMP, but the total BOM is still cheaper than the second source. I am still waiting for response from the third source.

I believe this is the 4 bitter everybody is thinking about, except it look and feel like 8 bits 6502. They are remarkably similar but different. It could be coming from a central design source.

Reply to
linnix

I think the companies who do this are Sunplus, Sonix, Winbond, Alpha etc, see

It doesn't appear they were cheaper then microchip, atmel, in the sense of functionality/$, but it appears they can give you exactly what you need and no more in exchange for some overhead costs/minimum orders/less support/what not

Reply to
steve

OK, there are now at least 7. Your 4 and my 3. One of mine is cheap enough. We already did two prototype runs, and working on the third. They comes in box of 240 chips for USD $120. Volume prices are lower as well.

Reply to
linnix

So what one can tell or not probably depends a lot of whether one can understand Chinese.

Do you understand Chinese (I can't)?

Groetjes Albert

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Albert van der Horst

And the price depends on where you are coming from. They figure that the USD is 7x the Yuan, so we get a 50% discount and pay only 3.5x. You guys pay only 4x to 5x with Euro.

I was in a Chinese hotel once. Security deposit was 100 Yuan or 100 USD.

Reply to
linnix