Crossware - ColdFire

hello members...

realize i cud be a little off topic here.... just banking on anyone of u having used it before...

well, am trying to pick up a Microprocessor for one of my projects.. after much deliberation, have settled for MCF5249 - ColdFire series... I have also downloaded the Crossware Development suite for Windows...

There is not a great deal of help from the software on how to run / simulate a design.. there r 3 example projects there, but i cant get even one of them working... was just wondering if any of u have worked on it before & can help me out,

regards

techie....

Reply to
techie.embedded

On 17 Aug 2006 11:00:22 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

^^^

^^^

We can't help you here until you learn to improve your posting skills. I pointed out at least two places where you capitalized the first word of a sentence. There are also quite a few words actually spelled correctly.

What on Earth makes you think that the way to ask people for help, and make them feel disposed towards providing that help, is to submit an illiterate, childish, baby-talk message to an international newsgroup?

If you can't be bothered to use correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar, why should anyone here be bothered to offer help?

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

@ Jack

R U sOmeKinfOf grammar freak who's sadly got not other job other than to whinge & whine at people who post messages to groups asking for help?????

Go get a life mate.. get real....

As for ur thoughts on my post being illiterate, childish, thats your problem..not mine.. Big deal if u have a webpage of ur own & have worked all ur life of Embedded controllers & RTOS....

who the hell even cares for it....

i thought i wud just ignore ur comments > On 17 Aug 2006 11:00:22 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Reply to
techie.embedded

PLONK. Rude idiots without clues are not needed.

--
"The power of the Executive to cast a man into prison without
 formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to
 whether Nazi or Communist." -- W. Churchill, Nov 21, 1943
Reply to
CBFalconer

Please think that this is an international newsgroup, and many of us do not have English as the first language.

Properly written English is difficult enough, please do not make it impossible with the own way of writing.

IMHO, you'll increase your chances for good responses by writing proper language.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

The Crossware suite has (according to their website - I've never tried it) a simulator - have you got that working?

Do you have an evaluation or development card of some sort?

Do you have experience with ColdFires or other microcontrollers, or are you just starting out?

Have you studied the Crossware tutorials and documentation, and have you contacted them? If they think you are serious about making a purchase, they'll try to help - and if you are not serious, there is no point in evaluating their tools (there are plenty of other ColdFire development tools around, at a variety of price points).

And please post in English. SMS-speak is fine for sending messages to illiterate friends, but not for a newsgroup of professionals and serious hobbiests.

Reply to
David Brown

It's a public forum. It is all of our problems.

Surely that would be a good thing for someone you are requesting information from to have?

The sort of people who would ask an embedded group a question?

Or perhaps a response such as Jack's will be a Good Thing to have in the archive so that people who have sensibly read through the archives and lurked in the group for a while will realise that SMS style texting is undesireable.

Reply to
Tom Lucas

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

He does have a life... A professional life in embedded systems. You may want to be polite to the people who can help you.

Jack has proved himself over the years on Usenet. Who are you?

He can help. As can quite a few of us but unless yo change your attitude and manner of sending posts to Usenet you are not likely to get any help.

/\/\/ chris@phaedsys.org      www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
Chris Hills

^^^^^^^^^ Have you ever seen that word in a dictionary?

I guess it goes: hobby, hobbier, hobbiest. Hmm. So much for English.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Probably, like me, he *does* have a job, and doesn't care to waste time deciphering baby talk. Bye, now. Come back when you grow up.

--
Al Balmer
Sun City, AZ

At the risk of offending someone.. which seems to be most likely when posting to newsgroups these days ... the word is hobbyist. The one explanation I may add is that the "y" got missed and the "e" just 'snuck' in there.

Tim Bennett

... used these things since 1979 and still have problems with the high priests of usenet ...

Reply to
mytrant

I suppose there had to be *someone* who miss the point.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Dear Mr. Heath

Attempting to communicate a bit of fun to some people requires a bit of give and take. Perhaps your comments could be better guided to things you know. To quote your quote more fully ...

... your use or rather misuse of English takes some of the fun out of your comment.

Take a look at your use of asterisks as opposed to quotes and your deliberate, perhaps, misspelling of the verb you should have used. Your grammatical structure requires the use of the verb tense "missed".

Now we have all had our fun perhaps we can get back to asking and answering questions. The original point in this posts response has been dropped.

Reply to
mytrant

Hmmm, no, I haven't seen "Clifford Heath" in a dictionary, but then I haven't looked.

I agree fully that hobby + ist = hobbyist, not hobbiest.

Reply to
mc