Cheapest object sensor on the market!

Yes, this is the basis of the lock-in amplifier - subtract the reading with the light source off from the reading with the light source on. You can get IC's to do it (basically toggle between inverting and non- inverting op amp circuits, both feeding an integrator), but the most suitable chip may be a cheap low-pin-count microcontroller.

Reply to
cs_posting

Ah, so basically you are asking for help in spamming the planet with e- waste?

Reply to
cs_posting

Didn't he have just one or two 7-segment LCD numbers?

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Thanks, it occasionally happens.

I know it works great on triplexed LCDs with no contrast adjustments or other fiddling around.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Ok, let me see if i understood! There are 2 options;

Option 1: How much would this cost? "Look around for other uC. As I mentioned before one option would be t use on-chip comparators and a kind of "touch key". You'd set the touch ke to VCC/2 via two 18M resistors or thereabouts, then from there to the com input via another 1M (for some ESD protection). The other input of th comp would get an RC filtered PWM from the timer. You'll have to detec excursions in either direction because you won't know the charge polarit of an approaching hand. Just a thought, try it out."

Option 2: Lets see if i have added it up correctly assuming will hav these changes and getting a fair prices for 100Ku!

.15 PCB - Consider moving from FR4 to phenolic. .40 Micro - Asian products with 4-bit coding. .25 ASIC - Power managements for LCD drivings .25 uC .10 Battery - I believe getting this price for @100Ku

Of what i have understood, using either Micro or (ASIC + uC) right?? o using all of the above?

Regards, Raed

Reply to
raedarrar

.25 LCD .15 Assembly

Reply to
linnix

You'd have to price it out.

It's either uC or ASIC, not both. And as Linnix mentioned, don't forget assembly. The ASIC will require some six-digit NRE which has to be amortized over a few years and thus added to the cost. The uC will take lots of searching, negotiating, someone has to program it and that person should preferably understand Japanese or Chinese, depending on where you buy the uC from. And ideally be able to communicate in that language over the phone as well.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

For near detection, I would use op-amp based capacitive detector.

For far detection, I would use infra-red sensor with micro-actuated mirrors.

Both can easily be integrated into the ASIC.

By the way, we will be building them on 150mm SOI wafers. The ASIC will charge pump/regulate the battery supply to

3V for the digital circuits and 15V for the precision analog circuits.
Reply to
linnix

Agreed, although you can sense pretty far with a capacitive sensor as long as the movement is swift enough.

Nice! If this is for the device with teh LCD on there maybe Raed could actually use your chip, or the whole device?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Or other customers to share the NRE. We have customers willing and able to start doing it.

You must be reading my mind. The LCD is Japanese technology implemented in Shenzhen, China. The ASIC fab is in Shanghai, China.

They speak/write some English, but sometimes you have to guess. For example: "Past 10 months" means "Last October". That was easy, since I only met them 6 months ago.

Reply to
linnix

18M

another

an

Guys i can not tell how much i really thank you. Linnix i have just sen you an email as i would love to hear more in details on this theory.

Please check your email.

Regards, Raed

Reply to
raedarrar

Yep. Maybe Raed and you should really talk about it.

The old war grudges seem to be forgotten when it comes to business. Some of my designs are in production at a Chinese-Japanese (!) joint venture in Shenzen. At first I didn't think that was possible.

Or the moon of shuang jiang in the year of the boar? And avoid the days mentioned as problematic in the tong shu almanac ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Guys, i liked the idea!

Linnix send me an email to snipped-for-privacy@0-800.tv to discuss it. Do not forget t put your info. contact.

can not wait to for our discussion.

Will chat tomorrow.

Good night guys,

Reply to
raedarrar

My posting email is invalid. The best way is to send me a message using the contact form at

This is for a custom infra-red motion sensor.

We will be using micro mirrors to focus and track infra-red signals. The concept is nothing new, but we are building them in microns. There will be many micromachined mirrors controlled by electro-static actuators. Using 15V (out of max. 20V process) drivers, we can move actuators by a few microns.

The ASIC (assisted by an external mutual inductors) will charge pump and store the energy needed to move the actuators.

I am adding this discussion to sci.electronics.design, where some of the ideas have been discussed.

Reply to
linnix

Now that's cool. MEMS motion sensors. Similar, I suppose, to the TI electrostatic (?) micro mirror imaging technology.

Is this a military application? Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

TI as well as many others.

Not yet, mainly for commerical use, where price is important.

Reply to
linnix

I have tried buy there is an error ! it says: "Address Not Found"

Please find another way to contact you. Regards, Raed

Firefox can't find the server at

"

Reply to
raedarrar

Can you email me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com? Thanks.

Reply to
linnix

Strange, since a few days I can't see all posts and I am using a big ISP (AT&T). It looks like people responding to themselves. For example here I could not see Raed's post except in your answer. Does anyone else have that issue?