Pressure sensor help

Hey I am looking for a pressure sensor for in vivo measurement of growth. The sensor will be connected to a wireless transmitter (V-link form microstrain). The manufacturer recommends that the sensor should have 4 ends (sens+, sens-, ground and power). the power supply is 3.6 Vdc. and the output should be in voltage. the thickness should be less than 4 mm. Price is not an issue my background is medical so i don't know anything about electronics (SORRY)

Do you any company that manufucture similar products? Thanks in advance my email is: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Ayman

What sort of pressure ? - air , fluid , what ?

What range of pressure , what accuracy ,what output voltage range ?

What size for the sensor ? Does it have to have medical certification or other certification ?

What sort of growth ?

Need to be a lot more specific

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

Reply to
Ayman

What you are talking about is commonly called a strain guage - there's plenty of info on the net about them - you'll also get useful information searching for load cell.

4

and

Reply to
Poxy

I am pushing to remember, but i did some work like this years ago for Uni of QLD IIRC. It might pay top give the medicine dept a call. They supplied the strain guages which were mounted to titanium. I had to bond the wire to the sensor.

Furthermore, I dont think you will get the output you desire. Most strain guages (wheatstone bridges) will only change a few millivolts when they go out of balance.

To be brutally honest. if you are developing this for a commercial application I think you are on your own.

Reply to
The Real Andy