Easy GPRS via Telit GM862-GPRS, Anyone?

Has anyone here heard of or tried the Telit GM862-GPRS module? This offers the TCP/IP stack included with the wireless GSM module and supposedly one can connect wirelessly to the Internet with a simple serial port connection and AT-style commands. I guess what I'm really wondering is will these units work in the US?

I've sent emails to Round Solutions (

but their responses are kind of vague. I don't want to get wrapped up in a product that only works in European networks when I'm developing in the US.

Thanks for any insights that you might offer,

Bob F.

Reply to
Bob F.