Car key radios

Hello All,

Can someone tell me which is the top of the line car key radio used today. Some power and data rate estimates would be of great help.

thanks ashu

Reply to
ashu

Do you mean RKE?

Reply to
larwe

It's related * to the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) seeking to get a Congressional mandate for FM radios in all cell phones. **

What else does everybody carry, other than a cell phone? Car keys!

Looks like ashu is trying to get ahead of the curve ...

  • Not really.
**
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to
Rich Webb

Yeha, I know about that one. Closely related; National Association of Livestock Accessory Makers demanding a mandated buggy whip with every set of car keys sold.

Reply to
larwe

Thanks all of you. regs ashu

Reply to
ashu

Op Tue, 14 Sep 2010 20:14:36 +0200 schreef Rich Webb :

I wholeheartedly agree with the ** article's Gary Shapiro. Given yesteryear's technology, broadcast radio is a _very_ poor method of introducing people to the music that they really like and throwing more radios unto people will not cause "more music choices."

Given the abundance of portable music players that offer "more music choices" than FM radio, what is the advantage of a car key radio?

I hope there is no curve here, but who knows what the herd will be tricked into...

http://www.opera.com/mail/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Boudewijn Dijkstra

=A0

It will cause "more advertising choices"; radio is nothing about music. Of course there is essentially only one radio station in the entire United States (Clear Channel). It's the Skynet of broadcasting; "local" radio stations consist of a transmitter fed from a PC that's fed via IP from a central advertising server with a few bits of programming interspersed. And one guy to dust the PC occasionally.

I have disconnected the antenna from my car so I don't accidentally tune into broadcast radio. I listen to REAL radio programming from the golden era of broadcasting. And any ads I hear are for products that have been defunct for 30+ years :)

Reply to
larwe