can4linux 3.0 released

Hello LINUX CAN users I finally found some time for the long outstandig revision of can4linux. Version 3.0 is now available at from CHANGELOG:

3.0 - going further into compiling the driver directly for the hardware specified in Makefile Removing old code - the old 82C200 is not longer supported only sja1000 in PeliCAN mode - begin cancelling support for OS < 2.4.0 new PCI detection code, using improved linux PCI BIOS features PCI cards should be detected in other PCI busses as 0 as well

The can4linux v3.0 code is now the base for a uClinux CAN driver available in linux/drivers/char/can4linux. Experimental code for the Motorola ColdFire MCF5282 with FlexCAN is available too.

I could test the version 3.0 at least (and only) with the TARGET=ATCANMINI_PELICAN (3 boards == 3 x CAN) TARGET=CPC_PCI (2 boards == 3 x CAN)

I ask everybody who has the TARGET=IME_SLIMLINE TARGET=IXXAT_PCI03 TARGET=PCM3680 in use to test these as well and report any changes necessary to me

oe at port dot de

PS. Documentation is in the *.tgz under man/html/index.html A slightly older version is available at:

Heinz-Jürgen Oertel