Can't erase 16f62xa

Hi:

I have tried unsuccessfully (sp?) to erase some 16f627a and 16f628a without luck. With a picstart plus (ver 3.11) I've tried mplab 6.30 and the older 5.xx mplab ide's, and the one with beta support for this parts(6.22), the latest 6.30 doesn't support it. I've even hacked up a programer with a 16f84 connected only to the

16f627a, and nothing, they won't erase. I've tried the algorithm of the 16f627 (no "a"), it programs ok, but doesn't erase. The programming algorithm datasheet says "preliminary" but they are already in production and i'm stuck with dozens of them to update, but i can't do it because they are unerasable. If anyone has an algorithm that has been used sucessfully to get a blank part please post it. Otherwise all i'm left is to try buying an icd2, (that i can't afford now) before the weekend (it apparently supports it). Also let me know if the icd2 erases this chips ok. Other info: chips were programed with lvp disabled and i have rb4 grounded.

Many thanks

Steve Sousa

Reply to
Steve Sousa

AFAIK my Wisp628 programmer has no trouble erasing the -A chips. The PC software is at

the firmware at

Wouter van Ooijen

-- ------------------------------------

PICmicro chips, programmers, consulting

Reply to
Wouter van Ooijen (www.voti.nl

Hallo Steve Sousa !:

The actual version of PICSTART PLUS CANNOT program or erase the chips with "A" :-( !!!! You must use another programmer .....

--
Grzegorz Zalot

complex ltd.
office tel/fax : +48 32 2505840
mobil : +48 501 301515

http://www.complex.org.pl/
mailto:complex@alpha.pl
Reply to
Grzegorz Zalot

Hi:

I managed to erase and program them using pp06 and a modified cheapo on a breadboard. It only worked on a DOS window inside Win98, but it worked, the boards were done just in time. Many thanks Steve Sousa

Reply to
James S

Hi:

I managed to erase and program them using pp06 and a modified "el cheapo" on a breadboard. It only worked on a DOS window inside Win98, but it worked, the boards were done just in time. Many thanks Steve Sousa

Reply to
Steve Sousa