Can't erase 16f62xa

Hi:

I have tried unsuccessfully (sp?) to erase some 16f627a and 16f628a
without luck. With a picstart plus (ver 3.11) I've tried mplab 6.30
and the older 5.xx mplab ide's, and the one with beta support for this
parts(6.22), the latest 6.30 doesn't support it.
I've even hacked up a programer with a 16f84 connected only to the
16f627a, and nothing, they won't erase. I've tried the algorithm of
the 16f627 (no "a"), it programs ok, but doesn't erase.
The programming algorithm datasheet says "preliminary" but they are
already in production and i'm stuck with dozens of them to update, but
i can't do it because they are unerasable.
If anyone has an algorithm that has been used sucessfully to get a
blank part please post it. Otherwise all i'm left is to try buying an
icd2, (that i can't afford now) before the weekend (it apparently
supports it). Also let me know if the icd2 erases this chips ok. Other
info: chips were programed with lvp disabled and i have rb4 grounded.

Many thanks

Steve Sousa

Re: Can't erase 16f62xa

AFAIK my Wisp628 programmer has no trouble erasing the -A chips. The
PC software is at www.voti.nl/xwisp, the firmware at
www.voti.nl/wisp628

Wouter van Ooijen

-- ------------------------------------
http://www.voti.nl
PICmicro chips, programmers, consulting

Re: Can't erase 16f62xa
Hallo Steve Sousa !:

The actual version of PICSTART PLUS CANNOT program or erase the chips with "A"
:-( !!!!
You must use another programmer .....

--
Grzegorz Zalot

complex ltd.
Re: Can't erase 16f62xa

Hi:

I managed to erase and program them using pp06 and a modified cheapo
on a breadboard. It only worked on a DOS window inside Win98, but it
worked, the boards were done just in time.

Many thanks

Steve Sousa

Re: Can't erase 16f62xa

Hi:

I managed to erase and program them using pp06 and a modified "el cheapo"
on a breadboard. It only worked on a DOS window inside Win98, but it
worked, the boards were done just in time.

Many thanks

Steve Sousa

Site Timeline