Beagle Bone Black ADC Driver under Debian?

Hi Folks,

I need to sample multiple input lines on the BBB (rev. c) ADC peripheral at a relatively low rate, perhaps 1 kHz, and do some simple filtering and detection.

Is there a kernel mode driver available for this that I can modify? Is kernel mode even necessary or can I use a user space driver?

--
Randy Yates
Digital Signal Labs

There seems to be a built-in driver, just Google for 'beagle bone black adc'. I got about 40000 responses, with the first pretty relevant.

--

Tauno Voipio
Reply to

There should just be a file you can open and read.

For 1 kHz, you may want to go faster than that. I don't know that you can just open it once, rewind the file and issue a read once every millisecond.

But there's additonal detail here:

Les Cargill
Reply to
Les Cargill

Les,

Thanks for that, but these examples are mere toys. If the ADC peripheral TI put on the BBB is similar to the one on the TMS320F28x, then there is a ton of setup required including clock rates, buffering, etc., that none of these extremely simple "read a /sys/device to get a voltage" come near.