baud rate autodetection on AVR 8-bit?

I haven't tried it under Windows, but I just used the Linux version of mspgcc for a personal project, and was really impressed by how clean and easy it wound up being. You also need mspdebug if you're going to work with a LaunchPad, but once I got them installed things just did what they were supposed to.

Rob Gaddi

Wonderful to hear. That was next on my list to try out, as well. Good news!

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

Look at msp430f550x series. IIRC the cheapest one has has TI suggested retail price 1.6$. However, RAM is much bigger than 512 bytes: all in the series have

2kB RAM for USB controller and 4kB data RAM.
--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch@math.uni.wroc.pl

Oops, msp430f550x is device only...

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch@math.uni.wroc.pl

Thanks for checking on it. I was about to do that, today.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan