how to find network available on telit ge864-gps.

hi, I'm writing vhdl code for TELIT GE864-GPS module, my aim is to send an sms to a particular number whenever the network is available, the data in t he sms will be changing, but what i don't understand is, how to find throug h programming (are there any commands) whether the network is available for the modem or not, I have to use the modem in the remote places.

Reply to
sagar0205

Hi!

Am 10.12.2012 07:30, schrieb snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com:

to a particular number whenever the network is available, the data in the sms will be changing, but what i don't understand is, how to find through programming (are there any commands) whether the network is available for the modem or not, I have to use the modem in the remote places. VHDL? (Not sure about this...) How do you speak the "Hayes AT command set in VHDL?" :-)

But either way: If you can talk AT to your modem, You'll perhaps need to provide a "SIM PIN" to your modem to unlock some functions. After that the modem will eventually send you an (unsolicited) return code of "Call Ready" which shows to you that the modem has successfully registered with the mobile phone provider.

If this code is not sent by your modem, it is still unconnected...

At least this is true and works with SimCOM (SIM900) GSM modems.

HTH. Salut, Jörg

Reply to
Joerg Schmitz-Linneweber