Basic circuit

Hello

I am not sure is this the right group to post this kind of question, I hope I am not too much out off topic.

I am quite new to electronics, although I am programming software already for many years. I understand very basic circuit's schematics, but for this

particular one (I saw it on other places also), I am not sure how the lower right part comes into the circuit. I mean, it is totally disconnected from the main part of the circuit. What's the purpose of it and how connects to the other part, can someone explain it to me?

Thanks Goran

Reply to
eden

VCC_OUT should be VCC or am I wrong ?

Reply to
Lanarcam

Probably, I see now. You mean the arrow in the left up corner near R4, right? It continues with VCC_OUT. I hope it is like that.

Thanks

Reply to
eden

Or you mean VCC at pin 10? Now I am confused again. Then what is VCC at R4?

Reply to
eden

It's the same signal, the arrow indicates a connection.

Reply to
Lanarcam

IC2, C3, C4, and C5, are a very poorly drawn voltage regulator.

It does appear that way, unless you recognize that the node VCC_OUT should be labeled VCC and connects to the other nodes labeled VCC.

It accepts the 7 to 30 volt input at the bottom and provides a source of regulated 5 volts for the rest of the circuit.

Again, the node labeled VCC_OUT connects to the nodes labeled VCC and all of the nodes labeled GND are connected to each other, too.

'Salright.

          Michael Kesti            |  "And like, one and one don't make
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael R. Kesti

The "mystery part" is a voltage regulator - it will accept 7 - 30 volts, and reduce it to 5 volts for the processor. The point labelled "VVC_OUT" should be labelled "VCC".

All the points labelled "GND" are connected together, and all the points labelled "VCC" (including the mislabelled "VCC_OUT") are connected together.

When drawing schematics, it is common practice to omit power and ground lines, and to indicate the connections with "VCC" and "GND" symbols, or signal names (often called "net labels") to reduce clutter on the drawing.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Peter Bennett

Thanks to all, I appriciate your help. It was really unclear to me, but now I think I got it.

Regards, Goran

Reply to
eden

You probably want to check LS78L05Z datasheet.

I remember that Pin 1 on 7805 is input pin, pin 3 is output pin. But the schematic suggest pin 1 is the output pin ( that you should label as VCC).

Check that again, cos making a PCB is expensive and takes a lot of time, specially in my country :p

Reply to
kunil

I will do that. Just, I am still searching for the parts. My country is also very bad in this field (as in many others). I will probably need to order them over the net. I found them on

disent prices I would say and they accept cheques, which is a must in my case.

I remeber you from my previous thread in this group, if you remember AVREasy. I couldn't get it running, so I decided to make something on my own. Just I can't forgive my self, I paid the board 120 euros, while they on the above site are around 30-50 $US.

But, I guess we all make such mistakes.

Goran

Reply to
eden

I will not make a PCB, I would be happy if I could put all parts together and if they work, I am really newby

Reply to
eden