Code runs slower on JTAG

Hi,

it appears funny but interesting. I am debugging a problem and for which I am using TRACE32 JTAG interface on ARM platform. But when I try to run system without attaching JTAG it crashing where as at the same time once i mount it on JTAG it runs smoothly

I observed that JTAG introduces some delay so i introduced some delays at specific locations but still it is same ...

Anybody came across such problem .. your views will be really helpful

Regards Wrongmove

Reply to
wrongmove

Are you using any output to the term.view in trace32, that usualy gives a lot of delay.

--
Med venlig hilsen/mojn/regards
Martin Hansen

"wrongmove" ...

Now what is it, "code runs slower" or "system crashes"?

You do have the JTAG lines properly pulled up and down with resistors so TMS=1 and nTRST=0 when the JTAG is not connected? If not, that could cause this problem.

Regards, Arie de Muynck

Reply to
Arie de Muynck

Where can we find interfaces to JTAG? i am trying to configure Virtex

-II FPGA w/out using any softwares. The project requires me to write my own software in C to download the bit file to the device.. what kind of interfaces are needed for this.. i am using Windows as a platform

Reply to
Anuja

found a problem .. following error was causing problem

int* res = 0

res = 25; /*Magical line causing this problem */

wrongmove