AVR Butterfly External Flash Access

I'm tried to write or read from the external flash on the avr butterfly evaluation board. Even examples don't work. I thought I might have burned up the board but I tried another board with the demo program (there's a special key press combination in the source code that runs a test on all functions of the board) ,and the same thing happens. I'm just not able to talk to the flash. Any suggestions would be great!

Reply to
walter.gordy

Would love to help you.

But, what have you done so far, what do you really want to do, what language are you using, what programmer are you using, whos code are you using, are you using your own code ??

Would love to help you.

Reply to
Donald

Awesome! Well ok, I'm using ICC 7. I'm coding in C. I have the cheap avr programming from atmel. I usually write my own code but I'm focusing on just getting the demo code to work (this ships with ICC7). What concerned me about the dataflash not working was a document I saw showing 2.7v operation only. I'm running at 3.3 but I assume that the butterfly was designed to run everything off the coin battery it shipped with. I'm able to use the eeprom in the atmega169v with no problems. I have also been successful talking to other spi devices. If you need I can post the demo code source I'm working with. I've also been looking at the application notes from atmel in using their dataflash and I'm not able to see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks a lot

Reply to
walter.gordy

When asking a question, please make it into the form of a question.

Which app note are you talking about ??

Please post just the code involved with the dataflash.

Do you have a scope ??

When you say "other spi devices work" what devices were they ?

You know, but the time you read this and email back and forth, this problem could be solved by now. If you would consider what you expect from the people in this news group.

Keep plugging away, you'll get it.

donald

Reply to
Donald

Well the fixed turned out not to be a software problem. I added a 1k pullup resistor to PB0 and it started working. I'm kinda glad because there are close to 600 lines of code just to do some simple stuff with the flash. Thanks

Reply to
walter.gordy