Availability AT89LS51 or AT89LS52

Hello,

I know the AT89LS51 is marked now as obsolete, and niether Mouser nor Digikey have them in stock. Still, I need 10 of them in LQFP package. No alternative parts could fit our app, only an AT89LS52 or AT89LS53 coul do the job, since the PCBs are already in place (from some long time ago).

Does ayno of you know where can I buy them? I need them in a real hurry.

All collaboration will be much appreciated.

Regards.

Reply to
Jaime Andrés Aranguren Cardona

Can you not use the AT89S8253 (which is wide Vcc) ? - or is there something unique to the LS51 you need ? [ see also Migrating from AT89S8252/S53 to AT89S8253 ]

AT89S8253 is in stock at digikey, 4000+

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Hello Jim, everybody.

Thank you for the reply. Well, actually those chips where used for a prototype from around 2 years ago, and they were selected because being very low cost, as needed them to be, still 8051 based.

Fortunately the AT89S8253 seems to be a perfect replacement, with much more performance, flash, peripherals, etc... and pin compatible with the AT89LS51, and still being in production nowadays, as Jim points out. I got scared when I did not see them available from Digikey (the AT89LS51), but the AT89S8253 is parfect fit, at least from what I have seen from the datasheets. Vcc is 3.3V, which fits fine for the AT89S8253

This is indeed one of the nicest features of using 8051 based micros, that they are very much compatible with others.

Regards.

-- Jaime Andr=E9s Aranguren Cardona SanJaaC Electronics Soluciones en DSP

Jaime Andrés Aranguren Cardona

... snip ...

Good for you. Your action in confirming the suitability of the substitute may well help somebody else out in a future search. This is the proper way to use Usenet.

 [page]:
            Try the download section.
Reply to
CBFalconer

"> AT89S8253 is in stock at digikey, 4000+

Hello Jim, everybody.

Thank you for the reply. Well, actually those chips where used for a prototype from around 2 years ago, and they were selected because being very low cost, as needed them to be, still 8051 based.

Fortunately the AT89S8253 seems to be a perfect replacement, with much more performance, flash, peripherals, etc... and pin compatible with the AT89LS51, and still being in production nowadays, as Jim points out. I got scared when I did not see them available from Digikey (the AT89LS51), but the AT89S8253 is parfect fit, at least from what I have seen from the datasheets. Vcc is 3.3V, which fits fine for the AT89S8253

This is indeed one of the nicest features of using 8051 based micros, that they are very much compatible with others.

Just be aware, I don't think the programming algorithm is the same..... OK if you have a stand alone programmer, but if you use ISP, you might have a problem. Pls check the data sheet...

Reply to
TT_Man

Hello,

Thanks for the hint. I will check. But as long as the ISP are the same, I think I will not have problem programming it with an external programmer.... I use Presto

which by the way, I recommend a lot. I have used it with AT89LS5x, AVRs, PICs and still have many more supported devices

Regards.

Reply to
Jaime Andrés Aranguren Cardona

o de la cita -

Chuck,

Thanks for the comment. Encourages to keep it in a "dialogue" format, two way communication (not just asking).