ATSTK525

Hi,

I'm filling out a order to Digikey, and was considering ordering a STK525 USB dev kit. I noticed however the STK525 has a TQFP socket. No problem, I think, I'll add a couple of AT90USB's with a TQFP footprint to my order as well. It looks like Digikey only has 2 types of AT90USB's in stock, both in a QFN package.

Having no experience with TQFP sockets, any chance it will take a QFN package?

Thanks Chris

Reply to
machinamentum

Hardware hack coming , i see all the big USB controller chips replaced , Like M$ , Intel , they tried to control market , but USB methods are in s/w , the CHIP is optional .

Reply to
werty

Nop, QFN is smaller than TQFP.

Reply to
linnix

Thanks, you saved me nearly $40 Canadian.

Chris

l> > Hi,

Reply to
machinamentum

I would say there is very little chance that it would work. The QFN packages are a lot smaller than the TQFP packages. On an ATMEGA128 the QFN package is about 25% of the TQFP package. You might be able to make a small PCB that wil take the QFN package and fit into a TQFP socket.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

With the stk525 don't you need an stk500 to insert it into ?

If your considering one of these, why not try a at90usbkey ?

AT90USBKEY ,were about US$30 from digikey when I got my couple.

Same chip as on the stk525- at90usb1287

Then if you are happy with it get a stk525 and a stk500 to plug it into.

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

Hi,

Already have a STK500. I'm not really doing any USB work now, but perhaps later this year. Mostly I responding to a marketing email Digikey sent me. Basically fill out a 5 line survey and when you order a STK525 (which is on sale till end of January) you can buy the USB key for $1 more.

Thanks Chris

Reply to
machinamentum