SiTime Devices

I am considering using SiT8008 devices from SiTime. They are low power wit h good specs for simple digital clocking. I can't tell anything about avai lability. Digikey carries them, but don't show inventory listing them as " Value Added Item". I think they have unprogrammed devices which have to be programmed before shipping. They are only asking $1.23 for qty 1, so I gu ess the programming is tied into the ordering process so there is no hand l abor involved.

But I am left not knowing what sort of delivery or what inventory they may have on these. Adding 10,000 to an order seems to go without a problem, bu t it doesn't mean they have any in stock. It says if I order and there's a problem with delivery they will let me know. lol

Then there's also a letter in the part number the data sheet simply says is "revision" but Digikey has both A and B rev parts. What's the difference and how do I get data on it?

I guess they expect a salesperson to be involved.

--
  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ricketty C

They're doing the programming somewhere in the supply chain and the delivery times are rather ok. I've programmed some in the board test jig.

B revision has additional programmable feature(s), which were made available for a large enough customer. That may in some cases add

0.1-0.2mA supply current, but otherwise it's identical.

Google 'sit8008a sit8008b new revision faq'

Yes, give them a call and ask about the delivery. Or program them yourself on board if that's an option.

--
mikko
Reply to

Thanks. I had entered a sample request and someone already replied. I will continue with them.

I am impressed Digikey can sell qty 1 for $1.38 with programming. I'm guessing the machine is very automated and combined with ordering and packaging so that no one has to do more than maybe confirm the order and press the button to go.

Now I just need to pick a frequency. These are great parts.