Arm registers

Maybe I should take a look at the version 8 text. Thanks

Hul

snipped-for-privacy@math.uni.wroc.pl wrote:

Reply to
Hul Tytus

Apparantly you read a different version of the GNU copyright than I did but I didn't read it all. It does vary with time.

Hul

Tauno Voipio wrote:

Reply to
Hul Tytus

ARMv8-M devices /are/ 32 bit.

ARMv8-A brought in the 64 bit instruction set (AArch64) for Application cores. The classic 32 bit instruction set (AArch32) remains optional for Application cores. v8-A (and v9-A) describe the Application class architecture.

ARMv8-M describes the Microcontroller class architecture and it's all 32 bit. For example v8-M brought in TrustZone instructions which weren't in ARMv7-M.

You should check which core(s) you plan to use and what architecture they are. For example the Cortex M55 follows ARMv8.1-M while the Cortex M7 follows ARMv7E-M.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Thanks Theo. I will get the version 8 manual. Is the title for that "Armv8-m Archetecture Reference Manual"? From what you've said, I was probably looking at the v8-A manual.

Hul

Theo wrote:

Reply to
Hul Tytus