any PIC suggestions- Magnetic Stripe Reader

I am trying to build a magnetic stripe reader for my design project. basically I will obtain two signals (data + clock) out of one signal (F2F). I am thinking of using 12C672, what do you think?

MemeT

Reply to
solmaz

Hi,

for Track1 and Track2 you will need about 100 bytes of memory where to keep the raw log data which later to check/interpret especially if you are going to do bi-directional logging i.e. scan forward and then reverse logged data for valid info.

12C672 will not do the job, IMO PIC16F628 will do the job fine

Best regards Tsvetan

--
PCB prototypes for $26 at http://run.to/pcb(http://www.olimex.com/pcb)
Development boards for PIC, AVR and MSP430

--for Track1 and Track2 you will need about 100 bytes of memory where to

I will only read track 2, but I think it is better to use a microcontroller with a flash memory since I am going to have to reload it many times. however I will not need so many pins, I think I need 4 I/O pins at most. so some 16-18 pins devices is to much for me. so can suggest any 8 pin devices?

thank you

MemeT

Reply to
solmaz

12F629 have 64 bytes of RAM, you can try with it

Best regards Tsvetan

--
PCB prototypes for $26 at http://run.to/pcb (http://www.olimex.com/pcb)
Development boards for PIC, AVR and MSP430  (http://www.olimex.com/dev)