Any info on IGetPut ROM routine for Motorola MPU's?

Does anyone have info on the IGetPut ROM routine in Motorola MPU's? I am working with the HC08 but I know it is on other MPU's as well. I have the start address but I am wondering what else I need to call it and what it returns. I am writing an RS232 communication program and I think this routine is specifically used for this - I could save code space by calling it. Thanks.

Reply to
js1180