Alternative to AVR Butterfly?

In news: snipped-for-privacy@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted a post with timestamp Wed, 27 Jun 2007 20:29:44 -0000:

"[..]

As much as I dislike the current administration's foreign policy decisions, I admire the current administration courageously standing firm against using tax dollars to fund embryonic stem-cell research.

[..]"

The inaccurate portrayals of George Walker Bush within the prolife community outside of (and presumably inside of) the United States of America as someone against destroying the lives of human embryos is a cause for sadness. From e.g.

of the website of the newspaper "The Irish Times": "Last Updated: 10/08/2001 06:56 Bush approves funds for stem cell research

The US President Mr George W Bush announced last night he would approve federal funding for limited medical research on stem cells extracted from human embryos.

He made the announcement during his first televised address to the US public.

[..]"

Also please check reports that during George Walker Bush's reign, someone (namely Paul Hill) was executed for defending innocent lives by killing employees of an abortion clinc's ("[..] Dr John Bayard Britton and his bodyguard, retired Air Force officer James Herman Barrett[..]"), e.g.

and

"(Amazing how far this thread has wandered from alternatives to the AVR Butterfly, eh?)"

Not at all. Can you mention a newsgroup in which every week a post with more than two entries in its References field whose body is of a significantly thrust than the original post of the thread's does not exist?

In news: snipped-for-privacy@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com timestamped Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:29:37 -0700, a hypocrite called Lewin A. R. W. Edwards posted:

"[..]

A person who lets paternalistic others choose where that line is drawn is being intellectually lazy."

Lewin A. R. W. Edwards has been lazy, e.g. in "Re: So what is the difference between a software engineer and computer scientist?", Message-ID: timestamped 7 Feb 2007 12:28:17 GMT, Colin Paul Gloster had pointed out: "[..]

Lewin A. R. W. Edwards wrote: " a complete disregard for inconvenient truth "

I do not disregard inconvenient truth. I am aware of electronic engineers who do ignore inconvenient truth: e.g. that simulating with an unsynthesizable intellectual property model written with a SystemC(R) library in C++ does not necessarily have a different order of magnitude of running time than simulating synthesizable VHDL code of the same I.P. core. [..]

[..]"

Lewin A. R. W. Edwards has responded by poking fun at me yet later has the cheek to write in news: snipped-for-privacy@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com :"Furthermore, curtailing any sort of research is a very, VERY dangerous step down the road to book-burning. As soon as someone tells you "that knowledge is forbidden; seek it not, my child", that's a damn good reason to try and learn more, in my view.

Of course, this issue is only the tip of the iceberg; the current administration has ignored and/or suppressed lots of good science that was politically inconvenient. As, no doubt, the previous did, and the next will do. [..]

[..]"

So will Lewin A. R. W. Edwards have the integrity to pay for licenses for RTL VHDL to RTL or higher Verilog translation tools for me and for the paper submission fee so that I will have my own numbers to publish instead of one of the many parts of my research for a Ph.D. which were censored last year to protect others from embarrassment?

In news: snipped-for-privacy@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com timestamped Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:57:36 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted: "On Jun 27, 5:29 pm, larwe wrote: [..]

[..] > Furthermore, curtailing any sort of research is a very, VERY dangerous > step down the road to book-burning. As soon as someone tells you "that > knowledge is forbidden; seek it not, my child", that's a damn good > reason to try and learn more, in my view.

Seek it if you like; this is a free universe. Forcing taxpayers to fund it is a different story.

[..]"

If it is unethical it is something which must not be allowed even if funded without taxes.

Lewin A. R. W. Edwards posted in news: snipped-for-privacy@k29g2000hsd.googlegroups.com timestamped Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:19:16 -0000: "On Jun 28, 12:57 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: [..]

My philosophy requires that I [..] [..] It does NOT require me to remain tacit about hypocrisy (religion veneered with politics). > Destruction of a life to save another life without that first life's And here is an unbridgeable gap. This is not a life; it's a lump."

It is a life.

" And furthermore a lump that was already destined for destruction. Stem cell research of this type is essentially trash-picking."

Even if you do not think it is a life, it could become what Lewin A. R. W. Edwards considers to be a life if it was not deliberately put into a situation that it will not be allowed to live. "My tax dollars are funding religious schools, the war in Iraq, and numerous other minority interests that I don't believe in and, in many cases, I think are morally unjustifiable - where's the difference?

[..]"

Did anyone say they are different? Sincerely, Nicholas Paul Collin Gloucester, abbreviated as Colin Paul Gloster

Reply to
Colin Paul Gloster

Between inaccurate quoting and off-topic persistance, PLONK.

--

                        cbfalconer at maineline dot net
Reply to