AKM Factory Fire Shuts Down Production of Many Audio Products

I got wind of this right away, but it didn't occur to me to post it here until now.

I found out because I use one of their 20 pin parts on a board. A broker found that someplace and called me asking if I wanted to sell my inventory. What inventory? I don't inventory parts. Too bad.

I even designed the board to work with a 16 pin compatible part in case of obsolescence, but they are both made at the same factory. :(

My customer was talking about a large order in the new year. I hope we can get parts by then.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

WE used to use AKM's converters...

I know one company now that is hurting because of this fire.

boB

Reply to
boB