AHCI Driver modification

Hello,

background: I am running linux on a processor embedded in a FPGA, and need a AHCI support for a device not on PCI but my own custom bus.

The kernel version is 2.6.20, so there is an AHCI driver under libATA.

Question: What type of linux device driver should I enumerate my modified AHCI driver as?

I am still a beginner to linux and driver development.

From what I understood in the book Linux Device Drivers,

I can develop it as a Block storage type device.

So is this the solution: convert driver type from PCI to Block?

From the user's point of view, will accessing it be different?

Thanks, Eugene

Reply to
eugenios