accessing a mobile phone camera

I have a sony ericsson p1i mobile phone. Me and my friends plan to write an application that can access the web camera of the phone and show the video on a computer. I have some driver writing knowledge, so that is not an issue. My question is whether it is possible to do so? If yes, how should we go about doing things?

Thanks, Siddharth

Reply to
sid

atilla

the

It uses Symbian OS v9.1, UIQ 3.0. Although I do know java, I have never used it for mobile applications. Can you tell me what I have to learn in order to program on this OS. Is it possible to use the USB data cable that I got with the phone instead of bluetooth? I do know a little bit about linux usb device drivers and was wanting to access the camera directly. I cannot find the hardware specification anywhere. I guess i'll have to use the java interface for it now.

Thanks, Siddharth

Reply to
sid