Don't toss your dead cell phone

My Sony Ericsson Z520 developed a white display today. I thought it might have an issue with metal chips since I work in a metalworking facility and that stuff gets everwhere.

Anyway, I took it a part, powered it up outside the case and still had the white display. So I took my original phone, the current one I use, I bought on ebay after the original lost the ability to transmit with enough power to reach a tower unless I was next to it, and pulled the display section out. Reinstalled it in the ebay phone. Success!

One fixed phone!

New is nice, same has some advantages.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

have an issue

everwhere.

white display.

original

next to it,

Success!

I applaud your personal 'recycling'. It's the kind of thing I would do.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore